We are looking for a Digital Product Manager – Global Membership to start in Q1 2018, in a role that leads the development and delivery of a global membership strategy fueled via digital offerings and solutions.
Our global team is distributed around the world as we work closely with Impact Hubs in each region to develop various programs, partnerships and business opportunities. To build on current leads, opportunities and capacity, the selected candidate will need to be based or have easy and regular access to a major city with an Impact Hub, thriving tech activity and be on a time zone between GMT +/-4.
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 15,000 members around the world and a combined global team of over 1000 makers, we have created a collaborative eco-system that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
From Amsterdam to Accra, Manila to San Francisco – we provide access to spaces, resources and connections, knowledge, talent and investments to turn ideas into action and move from intent to impact. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently.
We invite you to join us!
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as Digital Product Manager – Global Membership.
The Digital Product Manager – Global Membership will be part of the core team and will work closely with and report to the Executive Director of Impact Hub GmbH.
- Lead the development and delivery of a global membership focused product strategy, in conjunction with network strategy and global company mandate & plan, that focuses on increasing membership through various new offerings developed in tandem with Impact Hubs, increasing impact, developing revenue lines.
- Work with and lead cross functional activities to align staffing and projects related to membership strategy.
- Provide key inputs and help drive business model conversations surrounding membership structure, ensuring clarity between local, regional, and global outcomes.
- Help identify and pursue funding and investment opportunities for the proposed business models and strategy.
- Lead and maintain the development and deployment of technology products that support global membership.
- Collaboration platform with current and future feature sets.
- Analytical tool sets that create macro insights on the membership and sector.
- Global membership passport.
- Others as identified.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Global Membership through Network engagement, and developing protocols.
Global Membership Experience
- Develop & execute a content and community engagement strategy that help members engage and connect with each other and Impact Hub activities locally and trans-locally in collaboration with other internal teams (i.e. Brand & Comms, Network Development).
- Support program delivery, which may include entrepreneurial support and other programs that benefit existing members or attract new ones.
Business Development & Fundraising Support
- Provide key inputs into proposal development for the business development team.
- Coordinate implementation and quality delivery for partners focused on improving the membership value proposition & financing the strategy.
- Management role within the team with expectation of holding area leadership, including strategy management and development, p&l and quality of service delivery – full owner of their role and a proactive lead within remit and agreed policies and principles.
- Reporting to Executive Director and working closely with Tech Manager and other roles within the membership area as contracted.
- General coordination and cooperation with global team and local network representatives for strategy and services.
- Attendance of global team meetings and network meetings as required.
- Preferred starting: March 2018 (min. part time and going full time latest June 2018).
- First performance and compensation review: March 2019.
- Legal form: Independent Contractor as part of the Impact Hub Global Team or employment if based in Austria/Germany.
- Working time: Flexible working schedule yet agreed core working hours.
- Role breakdown & additional capacity: Full time position – at least 0.5 FTE until June, turning into full time latest from June.
- Compensation: Full time, between 55,000 – 70,000 EUR gross annual as independent contractor (self coverage of insurance & social benefits), depending on seniority.
- Location: Based or have easy and regular access to a major city with an Impact Hub, thriving tech activity and be on a time zone between GMT +/-4.
- Reporting to: Executive Director.
Are we a match?
- You have 5+ years’ experience with developing and delivering digital product roadmaps and respective strategy.
- You possess good feasibility analysis, risk taking and management skills.
- You have strong expertise in customer research, user centered product development and customer experience qualitative delivery.
- You have experience in lean digital product development, testing and scaling.
- You understand and have a good command of digital marketing strategies and interfacing with tech development teams.
- You have excellent project management and execution skills including user skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and have delivered project with one of the widely used project management tools.
- You are a superior communicator with the ability to work across all levels in an organization and build strong relationships with event vendors.
- You possess strong leadership skills with a proven track record in onsite stage management, production management, and scheduling (including production plans and work back schedules).
- You have a strong sensitivity for ethical sourcing, socially conscious staffing practices, and creating sustainable events with a focus on low environmental impact and positive social impact in the communities in which you work.
- You are flexible and willing to travel and work some long hours (sometimes evenings, weekends) and travel when required.
- You are comfortable interacting with several stakeholders and able to work collaboratively within “virtual” international, multidisciplinary and distributed teams.
- You have a calm demeanor and clear decision-making ability in high pressure situations.
- You are passionate about and immersed into relevant topics, developments and conversations in the field of social enterprise and innovation.