We are looking for an energetic, creative and self-motivated Chief Storyteller & Content Producer to join us as a member of our global team to bring our brand to live through storytelling and creative design. This position is open to applicants within the time zones CET +/- 3 hours. Berlin-based or open to relocate at own cost, would be a plus.
Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 15,000 members around the world and a combined global team of over 1000 makers, we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe.
Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently.
We invite you to join us!
As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join our team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to become part of a dynamic international team to be in charge of engaging content creation to effectively position the Impact Hub brand as thought leader in the social enterprise and social innovation landscape. You bring fresh insight and enthusiasm and you are full of creative ideas to create engaging content for all of our channels with passion and visual flair.
The Chief Storyteller & Content Producer will be part of a core team of five people and will report to the Brand & Communications Director. You will work closely with the entire Brand & Communications team, which is currently based in three countries. Together with the Brand & Communications Coordinator, you will also communicate with designers, writers & editors as well as source engaging content from the entire Impact Hub network.
- Translate ideas into captivating messages, stories and design for various mediums to strengthen our brand positioning and media presence. Types of content entail but are not limited to:
- Press releases
- Case studies & white papers
- Newsletter content
- Website news & updates
- Media pitches
- Image editing
- Create marketing campaign content (and sometimes logos) for globally-led programs
- Create and repurpose compelling narratives and create the respective content optimised for different channels (primarily digital)
- Find creative ways to identify and feature good stories online
- Further development, adjustment and execution of our content strategy to best support the needs of the market
- Look out to the sector & media, research industry-related topics and understand what kind of content works and needs to be created to support and deepen our overall positioning
- Copy editing
- Graphic Design
- Collaborate and co-create with creative roles from across the Impact Hub network (shared responsibility)
- Brief freelance designers, photographers, videographers as well as agencies and oversee design of visual elements (shared responsibility)
Why do it?
- You love to both write and design
- You are searching for a challenge where you can really show your creative talent and make a difference with your work by being in charge of the content production for a compelling brand in the social enterprise and social innovation sector
- You’re excited to get to know the Impact Hub network in depth to help us reach our full potential in captivating storytelling to strengthen our brand positioning
- You want a truly global experience
Are we a match?
- You are a creative with a keen eye for design as well as the writing and editing skills to create captivating narratives and content (mostly digital production)
- You understand all the elements and necessary steps to produce and distribute great content and you have the ability to jump into any aspect of it
- You are a native-level English speaker
- You have excellent user skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and are equally skilled in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- You have experience in picture research and image editing. Video production skills are a plus
- You have experience producing a variety of different pieces of content, which you successfully adapted to the respective target audience and context
- You are entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, a creative thinker and problem-solver, able to plan and manage competing deadlines and priorities
- You already have relevant existing work experience, ideally in the same or related sector, to not just execute but also think how we could develop the content area further. (Impact) Journalism background is a plus
- You are comfortable interacting with several stakeholders and able to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary and distributed teams
- You are passionate about and immersed into relevant topics, developments and conversations in the field of social enterprise and innovation
- Position: Chief Storyteller & Content Producer
- Reporting to: Global Brand & Communications Director
- Key relationships: Brand & Communications Team
- Location: Any Impact Hub location within a timezone difference of +/- 3 hours to CET time, preferably Berlin-based or open to relocate at own cost.
- Compensation:Salary of 2000-2500 EUR gross/month, depending on experience and location.
- Contract: employment contract (Berlin- or Vienna-based) or independent contractor (outside of these locations); VAT registration required if based outside of the EU; initial 12 months contract with 3 months’ probation period, intended extension based on good performance
- Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Chief Storyteller & Content Producer” by 25 February 2018 (midnight CET), including the following documents:
- CV or Resume.
- Cover letter outlining why you and Impact Hub are made for each other and what you could bring to team
- At least three writing & design examples
- Submit a piece of content (format of your choice) completing the following task: We want to strengthen our brand positioning around building communities for impact. As part of that, we would like to increase our brand awareness, especially to the media and potential partners globally. Please create a piece of content that would support this ambition in the most effective way.
- Upon initial screening, additional interviews may be conducted. Interviews are scheduled for the period of 27 February – 6 March 2018. The final decision will then be communicated by latest 16 March 2018.
- Preferred starting date for the position: April 2018.
- In case of any questions, please email email@example.com with the subject “Chief Storyteller & Content Producer”.